Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Not much to say....

I haven't posted lately.  I'm always busy and worn out by the time Brooke is in bed.  Plus, I haven't had much to say.

I don't know.  I've been in a bit of a funk lately.  Just being tired and homesick, I suppose.  That always happens around this time of year - as the weather starts getting warmer (OK, hotter) here, I forget.  I forget the cool spring days of central PA.  When I see the same palm trees and tropical scenery from the winter, I forget.  I forget the return of the birds, the newly blooming flowers, the melting snow.  And when something happens that makes me remember, it makes me miss it that much more.

 I just miss it.

And I never thought I would say that.  But, I do.  I miss it.

Things have been good here lately, though.  Brooke is such a joy, such a happy, smart, beautiful little girl - and so silly.   How I wish my extended family and lifelong friends could get to know her more.  She is the light of our life and learns so much every day.  And, of course, I have an amazing husband who does everything for us and to make us happy - and I love him even more for it.

Brooke had her "height and weight check" on Saturday - and, clearly, I was right that she didn't need it.  At 21 months, she is 28 pounds and 33 inches tall!  She is in size 5 diapers - walking and talking, more a little person than a baby these days.  On days that the homesickness is so strong, all I have to do is look at her, and I know - Home is wherever she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment