Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Blessed

Weight lost this week: -1.0 lbs
Total Weight loss: -12.0 lbs

I'm trying to be so excited because a loss is a loss, but it's putting me short of my 20 lb goal by May 27.  I need to start adding in exercise - but when?

Occassionally, I'll have a day where I wake up and I realize, I'm blessed.  Clearly, I'm blessed to have a great husband, a beautiful daughter, a stable job, a nice place to live, a decent car, etc....

But it's more than that.  There's always more.  I'm blessed by things that I really have no control over.  And it amazes me.

I have an amazing (extended) family.  I've always known this - and we don't talk as much as we probably should.  But we're a close family.  And there's issues.  Boy, are there issues...  But I know, when it comes right down to it, they - every. single. one. of. them. - will be there.  That doesn't surprise me.  But....somehow, when I think of everything my cousin and her daughter are going through, there's this clarity and sense of peace of it all if I think about my family and how all of us - every. single. one. of. us. (including spouses - are praying and loving them, and how that is going to be what helps this little girl survive this - because none of us are ready to let her go.

But it doesn't stop there.  I have unbelievable friends.  Again, I've always known this.  There are some I've known practically my whole life, some I've met more recently - but I know I can always, always count on them.  I get sad that I don't get to talk to them much anymore (it's super hard to talk on the phone with a toddler, ha), but somehow, it feels like nothing changes between us - when we do get to talk, we can pick up right where we left off.

So if I've always known all of this, why am I feeling so blessed today?  I don't know.  I don't know there's much of a point to this post either, other than to say Thank you for blessing my life.

1 comment:

  1. I think that's the great thing about having true friends. I know that neither of us talk or email or whatever as much as we want to or used to, but it is so good to know that when we do talk, it's as if time hasn't passed by at all. There are days and moments when the things that we do know just happen to hit us all at once and we remember how truly blessed we are. Such a good feeling!

    ReplyDelete