Monday, April 11, 2011

A little of everything

Weight loss update:

This week: -1.0 lbs
Overall: -11.0 lbs

I'm not so thrilled with the results this week, although it does include a cupcake Saturday and pizza (Brooke's requested dinner) last night.  I am so happy to still be losing - I have 6 weeks to lose 9 more pounds to meet my goal of being down 20 pounds by our vacation - the race is on!

I'm going to put off my post about shoe shopping another day - I have some exciting news to share!..................

............Any guesses?..........................


..............Am I driving you crazy yet?.................................


.................I (We) am (are).....................................................................................








..................................MOVING!!! (Bet ya thought I was going to say pregnant, right?  Not yet ;-) )

Everyone knows Jim and I have been looking to move out of our current apartment for a while now - ideally, we would like to move closer to family, but for now, we just wanted another apartment in our area.  The complex we currently live at has just gotten noisier and more disgusting looking the longer that the new management company has it.  Everyone - including our neighbors that have lived in their townhouse for 7 years - are moving out as their lease ends.  Now, they've covered a pool and are, instead, building more apartments - they've taken away my reserved spot right by our building, and I have to bring Brooke and all the junk I carry back and forth on a daily basis (my purse, diaper bag, my lunch - plus sometimes diapers, wipes, etc) the whole way across the complex (try this with a curious little monkey who must stomp in every water puddle or examine everything out of the ordinary).

Our lease is up December 31, 2011.  Jim can't take time off to move during the holidays, and how stressful would it be to move on the holidays anyway??  Jim talked to them today, and they are going to try to let us out of our current lease without an early termination fee (apparently, they have to get approval from the management company's corporate office to do so).

We're going to look at a 3 bedroom apartment Saturday.  I love the complex we're looking at, so I hope we like the apartment.

We're finally in a financial position to move, and we're planning on moving in September.  If anyone local would like to volunteer to help, we will need all the help we can get!  Otherwise, we probably will hire a moving company to move us roughly 0.91 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment