Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas Eve!

Has it really been two months since I've blogged??  I don't know how time flies so fast - this is something I definitely need to keep up on, though, because it is the only written journal of our family for Brooke to see when she's older - to me, pictures capture the memories, but she won't have the memories without these stories.

What have we been up to?  Thanksgiving, of course.  Decorating for Christmas.  Norton family trip to Disney (Brooke asks daily if today's the day we're going back).

But all of that pales in comparison to tonight and tomorrow - Christmas.  My favorite days of the year.

Right now, as we speak, Brooke is asleep in her bed.  We've sprinkled the Reindeer food, left out milk and cookies, and hung Santa's Magic Key on our door.  Santa will be here really soon, cause Mama's tired.

I'm homesick.  I miss my family, my friends.  I can't wait to be living up north where we might be able to make it home for the holiday.

But still, I'm happy, and my heart is full.  Brooke and I read the story of Christmas every day for the past couple of weeks.  Her version? "We celebrate Christmas because Jesus' birthday. Angels told Mary baby named Jesus. Joseph walked. Angels told him baby born. Follow Star. Give gifts cause they loved him. Give presents to show our love. Say, Happy Birthday Baby Jesus!"  Cue heart swelling with pride and tears gathering in my eyes.

Merry Christmas, everybody!!

1 comment:

  1. Her version of the Christmas story is by far the best I've ever heard. It sums things up perfectly!

    Merry Christmas! Love & miss you!

    ReplyDelete