Sunday, May 20, 2012

We're back!!

I feel like I've been away forever!  I always say I'm going to make more time for blogging, but it never seems to happen.

May is an extremely busy, and fun!, month for us.  First we celebrate Mother's Day, then my birthday, and then our anniversary.  Not to mention all of the birthdays in our family (my sister, gram, and our nephew, plus a couple of my cousins!).  May is like one long celebration, and I love it.

In exactly 2 months from today, my baby girl will be 3.  It's hard to believe!!  She is the most brilliant little girl I've ever known, and beautiful and so funny at the same time.  She's so loving and will make a wonderful big sister this year.  I've started thinking more about schooling for her when she's big enough for kindergarten (as long as we stay where we're living now, she'll stay in her current daycare for preschool).  Her pediatrician has already told us we will either need to find a full-time gifted program or a good Montessori school - so now it's time to start putting thought into that, for sure.  She counts to 30, knows many songs, the days of the week, the months of the year, recognizes most of her letters, and is trying to learn to write them!  Plus so much more. 

I've heard many stories from her teachers that she gets frustrated when another child is trying to do the puzzles and having trouble - she goes over, takes the pieces away, and does it for them.  She is also the first to identify anything her teachers ask the class to identify.  But, she is still a normal 2-year-old that loves to run, climb, jump, dance - she has real issues with sitting still sometimes!!

We are planning her birthday party at a local water playground - either Ariel or Dora themed, Brooke can't seem to make up her mind!!  I'm wondering what I'm doing having an outdoor party late in July when I'll be so late in my pregnancy, but it will be so worth it to see Brooke having fun with her friends.

We are expecting our second Princess, Paige Nicole, on August 27th!  That's the date of my scheduled C-section and we are all thrilled!  Brooke loves shopping for "baby sister."  She is a great helper in preparing for the baby. This pregnancy has been rough on me and as much as I am looking forward to the pregnancy ending and meeting Paige, I hope she stays put until Aug. 27 since we have plans with family to be here.

1 comment:

  1. How has time gone by so fast?!? I can't believe Brooke will be 3 soon! I love hearing about all the things she knows and is learning.

    As a teacher, she obviously has natural ability, but you and Jim have certainly fostered a learning-rich environment for her. If only all parents did/were able to do that!

    As for her birthday party, I vote for Ariel since it will be at a water park....maybe she'll see my logic and make a choice soon! :)

    ReplyDelete