Friday, May 28, 2010

Another week down....

It's been another week since I posted last. You'd think that as much as I love to write, I'd be on here every day - I just never have the time for that!

Nothing too exciting has happened this past week.

Oh, wait, I lied. Jim and I have been married for 3 years now! The 26th was our anniversary. We celebrated by going to a nice dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse on Saturday - it was delicious, and Brooke loved it too, haha. On our actual anniversary, we decided on IHOP so that Brooke could eat, too, and since we love breakfast. It's been a great three years, and I'm still very much in love with him.

This week, Brooke has fallen twice at daycare. The first time, she got a bloody nose and now has a little bruise on the side. It never got swollen or hurt her, thankfully. Yesterday, she hit her face again and bumped her lip. I need to put this girl in some bubble wrap!

The other night, when we were leaving IHOP, Brooke said bye bye for the first time to the waitress. It was so cute! She's not saying it regularly yet, so we'll see if it becomes her first word.

I've been thinking a lot about my friend that I posted about before, Jacqui (B's godmother). She's going through so much, and I wish there were something I could do to help her. She's done with the IV chemo and back on oral chemo until she has a bone marrow biopsy next week. Then, she might get to go home for a few weeks before her bone marrow transplant. Please keep her in your thoughts & prayers that she can spend some time at home with her husband and that the chemo has helped put her leukemia into remission so that she's healthy enough for her transplant.

No comments:

Post a Comment