Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Learning

It's been over a week since I've written, and it's been quite the eventful week!

My parents were visiting this weekend, and we had a great time. We did some shopping, some swimming, and lots of staying home playing with the baby! Jim and I went out by ourselves for the first time since Brooke was born (nothing exciting - we went car shopping, haha). Sunday night, we went out to dinner to celebrate my birthday - I picked Buffalo Wild Wings. It was delicious! My parents bought me a new watch, and my wonderful husband got me the new luggage I've been wanting!

In less than a week, Brooke has learned to sit up from laying down AND to crawl! I'm so excited and so proud of her. She's so advanced on the problem solving, etc., that I must admit I was starting to worry on the gross motor skill front. But, no more! She's now my mobile little girl, and I love it! She's almost 10 months old - I cannot believe it.

I had blogged a while ago about one of my best friends, Brooke's godmother, having leukemia that came back after being in remission only for a couple of months. On Friday, she was having some pain in her back and having difficulty breathing - her dr was concerned it was a blood clot (she recently flew back from Hawaii) so she went to the ER. Turns out, the cancer has progressed to AML and she developed tumors in her back. She's now in the hospital for at least 2 months, receiving high dose chemotherapy in preparation for a bone marrow transplant. We haven't seen her since September, and cannot foresee when we will get to visit again - she lives in Pittsburgh, and I probably won't be able to visit when we're up in August (depending on where she's at in the transplant process). Please pray for her and keep her in your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment