Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Today is my first "real" mother's day, and I've had a great day...actually a great weekend!

It started Friday morning, when Brooke's daycare had a mother's day breakfast. They had mini pastries, and Brooke "made" me a card. We got to spend some time with Lilly and her mom, Emma and her mom, and Ivan and her mom....I got a couple cute pictures of the kids.

Friday night, Jim got me "mother's day dinner" since his work schedule was awful this weekend and we knew we wouldn't have time for anything. I picked Chinese food - it was DELICIOUS from this little place on our street. It's very fitting, too, since Chinese was what I craved the most while I was pregnant!

On Saturday, Brooke and I hung out at home and went grocery shopping. I didn't worry about doing anything but spending time with her - including the two hour nap we took together in the afternoon!!

For Mother's Day, Brooke gave me a picture of us that was printed to look like it's a magazine cover and is framed. I love it! She also bought me a cake from Publix.

Now, Jim is sleeping since he's working night shifts until Tuesday. I think Brooke and I might go print out some pictures and pick up a basket that we need to put her toys in, then we might hit the swimming pool once the sun is not quite so bright...it's so hot outside!

Happy Mother's Day to all my mommy friends....I hope your day is as great as mine has been!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day! It will only get better and better as the years go by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so horrible...I completely forgot this was your first Mother's day with Brooke in your arms instead of your tummy! I'm sorry! I'm glad you enjoyed it though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adri, I loved it!

    Tammy, no worries.

    I hope you two both had a great day, too!

    ReplyDelete