Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Another day....

I just realized that I didn't blog about what a great weekend we had!

Friday evening, we just hung out at home.

Saturday, we took a family shopping trip to Super Walmart in the morning. That's a big deal, because there are none near Kendall - we drove to Florida City, since I had seen a slow cooker that I wanted on the website and it was in stock (and on roll back!) at that location. We grabbed some Arby's for lunch - Brooke loved the roast beef! Saturday evening, Jim worked and Brooke and I played at home and ate spaghetti for dinner - another food she loves!

In the middle of the night, I realized that my phone was ringing incessently. It was about 2 hours after Jim was supposed to get home, so I was scared something was really wrong. Turns out, no one had come in to relieve him - he ended up working 16 hours, until 8 am Sunday morning - at least he got 6 hours of overtime!

On Sunday, Jim was off after what happened the night before, and we got to spend Father's Day with him. We went to eat at the Golden Corral at his insistence - I hate going out to eat on Father's and MOther's days, everyplace gets too crowded! This was no different - they had even shoved extra tables in, which made it extra hard to get to the buffet. Oh, well, Daddy was happy, and Brooke LOVED the variety of foods she got to eat in one meal.

Now it's Tuesday, and we're back at work. Brooke and I are looking forward to our play date tomorrow evening after work, and I'm hoping to make it to the movies with a friend this weekend while Brooke has some alone time with Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment