Saturday, June 19, 2010

Eleven months and Father's Day

Tomorrow, Brooke will be 11 months old - where has the time gone? She just started standing up to furniture - well, it's usually to blocks or toys that are NOT stationary and are pretty low to the ground, so she's standing up but bending over to hold on. As I type, she's working on standing up to the Bose bass speaker next to the TV.

She eats more and more table food every day and loves it. Today, she had some roast beef at Arby's. She loved it!

I can't believe that in just 1 month, she and her friends will be 1! Today, we received her first birthday invitation, to her friend Andrea's party. It's so much fun planning Brooke's party, and I"m excited to take her to her friends' parties, but the thought of these three being almost 1 makes me a little sad :(

Since Brooke's friends won't be able to come to her party in PA, I'm thinking of having a (very) small pool party sometime in August. I haven't planned anything yet, and probably won't really start planning anything until we have everything ready for our trip - which is coming so soon and we are so excited for!

Tomorrow will also be Jim's first Father's Day. He has to work in the morning, so I think we'll just do dinner at home and maybe swim for a bit after he gets here. I know he'll be happy just to spend time with his girl :-)

Tomorrow is also my parents' 40th wedding anniversary - Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad!

I'm working on a surprise for my friend Jacqui (Brooke's godmother). She was released from the hospital this past Wednesday, and now she'll be home until it's time for her bone marrow transplant. They're holding a benefit dinner for her on July 31 in Pittsburgh, and my surprise has something to do with that -hopefully it will come through!

If anyone is interested, her family is selling orange bracelets for $5 to help raise money for her transplant - they may possibly be stuck with 40% of the $400,000 bill of the transplant, and that's not including the fact she now has to convert her health insurance to Cobra, be off work for a year, and copays for medications. If you want to read her story and send your well-wishes (she loves to get messages!), go to www.caringbridge.org/visit/jacquibuckley

No comments:

Post a Comment