Monday, June 21, 2010

Last month....

...until Brooke is one has started. Where has the time gone? It feels like just yesterday I was on "modified bed rest" - I had to leave work early every day to go home and lay on my left side for 3 hours before dinner. It sucked laying on one side for that long, my left hip killed me, but I was secretly glad to get out of work early everyday and have some time to relax. A few weeks later, I was taken out of work and put on modified bed rest for the last week of my pregnancy.

Brooke's party plans are coming along great. We know the cake is being made by the same woman who made our wedding cake. The invites are done, I just need to print them at Walgreens and get them in the mail. The decorations have been ordered and delivered to my mom's, we just have to order some additional balloons up there. The menu has been decided, it's just a matter of getting the food and preparing it. I have the baby Cookie Monster cookie cutters that we'll make and decorate the night before. Brooke's outfit is planned, my niece just has to pick out her "party dress," haha. I'm so excited!

Jim and I have to shop for Brooke's birthday presents. I think we're going to try to take a day off together, drop her off at daycare, shop near my office, and pick her up early. That should make for a nice day, and we've only been out alone once since she's been born.

We've been talking a lot about when we're going to try to have another baby - I think we've decided we want Brooke to be 2 before the new baby would be born - so we have some waiting to do. Rather, that's what I want, haha. They'd still be close enough in age to be playmates, but not too close. I also decided I want a fall or winter baby, LOL, it was rough being 9 months pregnant in this heat!

I still need to figure out how to post pictures on here, so if anyone can give some advice or instructions, I would appreciate it!

I'm starting my diet fresh today. My goal is to exercise at night after I get Brooke to bed - so I'll get her down by 9, exercise, clean my kitchen, shower, and hopefully be in bed by no later than 11 myself. I already get up around 5:30-5:45 in the morning, so I know that getting up earlier to exercise is not even an option - I won't even lie to myself about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment