Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Another week....

..has passed without me blogging.

On Thursday, I was called from daycare because Brooke had a fever of 101. On Friday, she still had a fever of 101.2 (it came down with tylenol but went back up as soon as the meds wore off) - turns out she is getting FOUR teeth at one time - her two top front teeth and her two bottom front teeth. Poor thing! Fever's been gone now, but you can tell they're still bothering her.

While we were at the dr's office, I read B a book that was in the exam room. When I finished, I laid it back down, and she said "Boo!" (boo like the sound in book, not boo like when you're trying to scare someone.) I thought I was hearing things (so far, she hadn't said anything other than mama, dada, and other baby jabber) but she kept it up. Then, I picked up the book, and she grabbed it from my hands and said boo! I will always remember that she said her first word while talking about Dr. Suess's The Things You See on Mulberry Street, and I think I'll buy her that book for her first birthday and write a sentimental message inside for her.

She's started trying to stand up more and more now - she hasn't quite figured it out, but that's because she tries to stand up to things like her carseat or swing - either they're not tall enough, or they move and make her fall. I know she'll get it soon, though.

Other than that, nothing big going on. We spent this past Saturday with my sister and her boyfriend, which was nice. We're really looking forward to getting together with family in August!

No comments:

Post a Comment