Thursday, December 2, 2010

Hot cocoa, mistletoe, Ho Ho Ho!

'Tis the season of traditions.

Traditions like Christmas cards. I find this to be one of the most stressful traditions - you have to find time to pick cards, address them, get them printed, possibly write messages to the recipients....

This year, I’ve found a way to take the stress out of my holiday cards! Shutterfly is giving bloggers 50 free photo Christmas cards! Super easy! (Like my use of exclamation points? Can you tell I’m excited? ;-) )

Last year, we had Brooke’s photo taken at Penneys, spent over $100 for the copyright rights, then went to Walgreens and spent more money printing out the cards! Then, of course, there was the postage.

Not this year. (OK, I’ll still have to pay the postage, but that’s it.) We’re going to take a “Twas the Night Before Christmas” photo of Brooke in front of our beautiful Christmas tree. I might throw in a stuffed Santa or some cookies or something like that. (Oh my god, how cute would it be for her to be eating Santa’s cookies in her jammies in front of the tree?)

Then, I’m going to go to Shutterfly. I love Shutterfly. I’ll have my code and get 50 free Christmas cards. Easy! The hardest part is going to be deciding which card. I mean, just look at some of these:

Peppermint gift wrap


http://www.shutterfly.com/cards-stationery/cards-stationery/retro-kaleidoscope-holiday-card-5x7-flat?sortType=1&storeNode=93496

And that’s just on the first page I looked at!

I’ve also been inspired in other ways – check out what Brooke is making her grandparents:
http://www.shutterfly.com/calendars


And what a picture from our next vacation will yield:
http://www.shutterfly.com/home-decor/canvas-wall-art


As a working mom, I’m all about making things easier on myself – that is how I free up the most time possible to spend with my family. But anyone who blogs can do this! This is one of the easiest things – and it will be so much fun to do a photo shoot in front of the tree!

You can do this too – just go to http://blog.shutterfly.com/5358/holiday2010-blog-submission-form/ and fill out the form to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment