Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Vacation Planning

It is only March 16, and I am getting SO EXCITED for our trip in May!

Originally, we were going to just go Disney.  Then, we thought, hey, we'll add Sea World....but our minds have changed again.  We have settled on this:

We will go to Disney 4 days (2 at Magic Kingdom, 1 at Epcot, and 1 at Hollywood Studios).  We're also going to go over to Tampa either at the beginning or end of our trip and take Brooke to Busch Gardens, where they have put the "Sesame Street Safari of Fun."  There, we will have breakfast with Elmo and friends complete with...a birthday celebration!

Our girl LOVES Elmo, Abby, and all the other "monsters," and they will do a cake for her.  I've been looking for something special for her for her 2nd birthday, and a big party just didn't feel "right."  But she will love this, even though it's a little earlier than her birthday.

We're still working out the details of the trip as far as where we'll be each day, but we are very excited!

So excited, in fact, that I already started making my lists of what I need to pack!  Yup, I make lists before packing for vacation - just to make sure I don't forget anything important.  I made them already because I wanted to narrow down what I need to purchase so I can keep an eye out for deals and don't have to rush around at the last minute (like my procrastinating self has been known to do in the past).

First up, a new camera!  My Olympus Stylus was working OK, although it's a few years old and the pictures don't turn out nearly as nice as with the newer cameras.  Since I do most of the picture-taking and know a little more about the optics of cameras in general, it was my choice.  I picked the Nikon Coolpix S6000, a compact point-and-shoot that seems to be well-liked among owners.  Jim is picking it up at Best Buy today - I can't wait to try it! 

Other than that, our "to purchase" list includes necessities like sunscreen, hat/sunglasses for Brooke, etc.....and things that have to wait, like new shoes and swimsuit for Brooke.

No comments:

Post a Comment