Sunday, March 6, 2011

Playground

Brooke and I had an amazing day yesterday.

Jim was working late, so we spent the morning hanging out at home with him. 

After nap, we headed out to the playground.  I've been searching for a nice playground near our house to spend some time with Brooke on weekends.  I found one listed online called Cherry Grove Park and decided to check it out.  Brooke absolutely loved it!  They had swings, slides, and climbing equipment sitting in sand, which she loved walking in.  They also had a very large grassy area for running, playing soccer, whatever.  She spent the most time on the swings.

After we had played for a while, we walked next door to the public library, where Brooke made some new friends and looked through books.  When it was time to leave, she cried.

After the fun outside, we took a ride to Jim's store for a few things I needed to pick up.  Then, I took my girl to IHOP for a mother/daughter dinner, where I enjoyed a delicious chicken salad and Brooke ate french toast. 

It was a great day, and we were both worn out when we got home!  Today's been filled with just playing at home and Skype-ing with my parents at Brooke's request. 

I have a few other activities planned for Brooke this week and am looking forward to them! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment