Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What a weekend......

This weekend has been a roller coaster ride for me.  Some of this is hard to read - it's hard to know - but, unfortunately, it's my life.

Friday, we found out that my cousin's 7-year-old has a brain tumor - on Saturday, we found out more details and were told it is at the base of her brain (brain stem) and is inoperable.  The doctors only gave her 1 year to live. 

How can it be that a beautiful, smart, sweet, friendly seven year old can have something so wrong going on inside of her?  I just can't wrap my head around it.  Saturday, I felt like I was in a fog - the strange thing is, it hit Jim even harder than it hit me.  Of course, I dealt with it by jumping right into research mode.

Sunday, we got my oil changed and rear brakes replaced.  We walked around Sunset Place Mall and took Brooke to an indoor playground called Cool-de-Sac.  We had a lot of fun there.

Yesterday, Jim and I both had the stomach flu.  I always wish we were closer to family, but never more than yesterday.  Brooke had to be home with two sick-os because neither of us were well enough to drive her to daycare.  If we had family nearby, I'm sure someone would have gladly helped us out.  I'm finally feeling a little better this morning - can at least drink, although I can't eat much.

I weighed-in this morning (a day late)

Weight loss this week: -5.5
Total weight loss: -13.5!!!!!!!

I am so excited to see that I've lost 13.5 lbs so far...but I'm trying not to get too excited since I know a large part of that large loss was the stomach flu....

No comments:

Post a Comment