Wednesday, April 14, 2010

9 months (almost!)

Yesterday, we had Brooke's 9 month appointment a little early. She is now weighing 20 lbs (75% - holy cow! At one point, she was down to 3%!) and 27.25 inches (50%). Dr. Castro said she is a little "chunky" now, but not to worry because it will even out once she starts walking!

Dr. Castro wasn't too concerned about anything. We have to start working with her on crawling, etc....if she's not doing anything like that by the time she's 10 months, we'll reevaluate. She's starting to show some interest in crawling, just hasn't figured out how to get her knees under her, so I'm not worried at this point.

She still has a blocked tear duct in one eye, so more massaging to come! And, she still has cradle cap, but we can deal with that.

Her bloodwork was great, so now she can start having milk products. She can also start eating chunky food & pieces of soft table food (not that I completely waited for the go-ahead on that one!). We celebrated by buying her lots of new foods last night to try out - she's not a fan of the Gerber version of Spaghetti-O's, LOL.

I'm so glad my baby girl is doing so well. They gave me the 10-month questionnaire I'll fill out in 30 days for her milestones, and with the exception of the big physical stuff (crawling, standing up to stuff, etc.) she's already doing everything on it! I'm proud of her, and I know the big stuff will come when she's ready for it - I've known plenty of babies that didn't crawl yet at 9 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment