Monday, April 12, 2010

Weekend update

We had a great weekend!

Thursday, Brooke and I had a playdate with some friends, Adriana & Gaby, after work. Gaby was born just 4 days before Brooke in July. We met up at Adriana's house and had a great time just chatting! The girls played together, and it was so cute to hear how they were talking to each other, too. Brooke and I both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and can't wait to do it again!

Friday, I worked, then Brooke and I just hung out at home.

On Saturday, Brooke and I went shopping. She got some new clothes and picked herself out a new toy (yes, my daughter already loves to shop, and she grabs stuff off the racks at 8 months old!) She picked out a pink O-ball that rattles - she loves it!

On Sunday, Brooke and I went to BJ's for some baby items we needed and then just relaxed at home and watched the storms outside. Brooke tried some of the green beans I had for dinner and LOVED them! I'm relieved to have found a way to get her to eat her green veggies without much convincing! Once she was in bed, I worked on a trust that I had to prepare.

Now, I'm back at work, and she's in daycare. Tomorrow, she stays home with Daddy, and I'll leave early. We had to change her 9 month appointment, so she'll be going 1 week early (I've been assured this is fine because there are no shots). I think we should get the go ahead to give Brooke tastes of what we're eating (which I obviously haven't waited for, but she doesn't get to try too much yet).

So, tomorrow, look for an update on Brooke, and the recipe I'm trying tonight (if it's any good)!

1 comment: