Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Book review and other miscellaneous goodies

Last night, I finished the book I bought last Friday - Lauren Conrad's L.A. Candy. (Should I be ashamed to admit that?) I loved the Hills (almost as much as I love 16 and Pregnant), so I picked up the book.

It, obviously, wasn't the best-written book an English major could have read. I could have written it, and done a much better job. But it was interesting - maybe because I spent the whole time trying to figure out "Is Jane actually Lauren? And Scarlett, is she Lo or Heidi? Maybe Hannah is Whitney, or she could be Audrina. And Jesse, he must be Jason. What about Madison - maybe Stephen's girlfriend in high school whose name I can't remember? Oh, and I bet the pictures of Jane and Braden actually refer to the rumors of LC and Jason's, um, homemade video" and so on and so forth. I spent so much time trying to figure out if this was a novel or a glimpse into LC's real life, that maybe it was better written than I give her credit for.

All of that being said, I think I would have liked it anyway. It's the easy kind of reading, the kind you can read without focusing too much, like how I love to watch mindless comedies like My Best Friend's Girl or Good Luck Chuck that don't take too much brain activity - it's more of a way to rest my brain than to exercise it, ha. It's the kind of reading I love to come home to after a long day at work.

My Gram got home from the hospital on Sunday evening (yay!) and my parents are starting to recover from their bouts with the stomach flu too. Hopefully it stays up there - my mom was sick from Thursday until Sunday night, basically! I don't want it, no way.

No comments:

Post a Comment