Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Where to begin?

I don't even know where to start today. I have so much swimming in my head that I can't even organize how to get it out!

When I updated on all of Brooke's "tricks," I forgot one of the sweetest. She gives kisses! She'll open her mouth super wide and put it on our foreheads or cheeks and give the sloppiest, wettest, most delicious kiss over. When she's doing it, I ask her over and over again for more kisses...I just can't get enough from my sweet little girl!

She's getting so big! She's going to be moved to the Infant II room at daycare soon, which is the room for babies that have started crawling through a year old. She'll be joining some of her friends from when she first started daycare - Lily, Avery, and Antwon. And there's this adorable little boy, Riley, who just ADORES Brooke. I'm excited for the move, but sad at the same time since it means my little girl is growing so fast.

I found out this morning that one of my best friend's - and Brooke's godmother (once we ever figure out when/where to do the baptism!) - leukemia is back :( She was in remission for a few months, and I was sure things were going to look up for her and her husband. My heart just aches for her - for all she's been through, for the loss of her baby, for the pain she and her family are feeling right now. She is one of the sweetest, kindest people I have ever met in my life, and she doesn't deserve this. I've had family members with cancer in the past, but nothing quite like this - a 27 year old with a form of leukemia normally found in the elderly, who are just made "comfortable," a form of leukemia no one seems to be quite sure of how to treat in someone her age. I wish there were something I could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment