Monday, October 4, 2010

Beautiful Life.

We had a beautiful weekend full of a lot of nothing but family goodness.

Saturday, we went out to dinner. Brooke cut her lip, but it only bled for a second. Then we went shopping and got her Halloween costume (it's nothing too "creative" but oh so cute..and she loves it). Sunday, we went to the "playground" at Tropical Park - I was disappointed there were no swings, but my girl had a blast.

I miss my friends from Bellwood and Indiana, and my family. I have friends here, sure, but it's not the same as those girls that you've known for 10 years + (some for over 20 years!!!!!). The ones who know what I'm thinking before I say it, the ones who know I need to have a really deep, heartfelt chat from taking one glance at me. The ones I can tell anything to. I miss them so much I am getting tired. I need a dose of these people, and I need it fast.

But, when I start to dwell too long on the things I miss, I just have to stop and take a deep breath. My life may not be all flowers and rainbows, and I may not have everyone together in one place - but I am lucky enough to have great friends, a family, that loves me, and the sweetest girl in the world to call my own.

And how much do you want to bet that when Jim and I move away from here, I will post a similar blog about missing my law school friends (who I don't see nearly enough, by the way), my local mommy friends, and the winter warmth?

No comments:

Post a Comment