Sunday, October 17, 2010

Weekend

I love weekends. In fact, I live for my weekends.


Not just because it's days off work. Because, really, no matter how stressed out I get, I do like my job....sometimes I wish it were a different area of the law, closer to home, better paying, etc, etc....but who doesn't think that about their job?


No, I live for weekends because of this:




During the week, with work and the commute, I only get to see her a few hours a day - and that's filled with eating and diaper-chahnging, with only maybe an hour of good play-time.
Weekends, though, are ours.
Yesterday, we stayed home and played while Jim worked. And, yes, weekends are better if he's with us the whole time, but it's just a fact of life that he can't be.
After he got home, we went to the mall that's super close to us. Like, we could walk, but we don't because who wants to carry all those goodies home? Yesterday, I wish we had walked....part of K. Drive was shut down because of an accident. When we got there, part of the mall was packed...turns out LeBron James was there.
When we finally got to the store, we bought Brooke 2 pairs of sneakers from Stride Rite at super sale (and we've been assured they'll fit for 3-4 months). We had dinner at Johnny Rockets and picked our girl up a Christmas dress at Penneys for pictures.
Brooke has been doing well with her medicine this time. Not spitting it everywhere, although it takes a lot of coaxing before she takes it. She does, however, have a very painful diaper rash since she got the shot of antibiotics...we're taking care of that with warm washcloths instead of wipes and Triple Paste..hoping it clears up soon!
This morning, Brooke slept until 10 am! She woke up with a low fever (100.9). She's been drooling, so I'm guessing this is teething. Motrin brought it down, and now she's napping. When Jim gets home, it's time for grocery shopping.
Dr. Castro suggested hiding Brooke's veggies until she starts eating them better again....like, pureeing them and mixing them with foods. So I'm thinking of getting the Deceptively Delicious cookbook...has anyone used this? Success/failures/suggestions? Brooke will eat veggies whole if they're in tomato sauce, but we can't eat that everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment