Friday, October 1, 2010

Field Day and other stuff

Last week, Brooke's daycare had "Field Day." I had expected that it was only for the older kids, but kids as young as the toddler room participated (so all kids 1 year +). Brooke's teacher made them all "jerseys," which said "Todds" on the front and had their name on the back. They said the class did really great, racing toy lawnmowers and playing a "hot potato" type game with a balloon. I'll get to see pictures soon.

The weather this weekend is supposed to be great, so I think we're taking Brooke to the playground at Tropical Park tomorrow. I'm excited! We haven't taken her yet, but I think she'll like the swings and the slides. I wish I knew more about photography because I know that would be a scene for some *magical* photos!

Jim's overnights for next week got changed, so we're hoping he'll still be finishing up overnights the day before Thanksgiving so our weekend trip isn't ruined! Since I'm off the whole week of Thanksgiving and 2 weeks at Christmas, I really can't take any extra time off....so we would have to leave on a Friday evening and come home Sunday, and what kind of "vacation" is that?

Last night, Brooke and I got together with my friend Adriana and her daughters, Olivia and Gaby. We had a great time, as usual! I tend to completely lose track of time talking with Adriana and watching the girls play (when Brooke will finally get off my lap, which is usually after she eats, lol). And Brooke is very thankful for the mac n cheese Adriana offered that saved us from stopping somewhere to buy dinner!

We're still debating on Brooke's Halloween costume, but I know that we're definitely hitting up the Miami Seaquarium for Halloween. I'm so excited! I love the sea lion and dolphin shows, and this will be the first time they've been difference since we started going to the Seaquarium. We haven't been there since Easter, so I'm super excited to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment