Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Brooke's first Fourth

We had a great 4th of July weekend, the first one with our baby girl!

Saturday, Jim was off. I was supposed to have relaxation time in the sunlight, but the weather was terrible - it rained ALL DAY. So, we went shopping. We went to the Dolphin Mall and picked up some clothes for Brooke's birthday (now all we need to get her is some small toys!) and had a delicious lunch at Dave & Buster's. Brooke loved it, and she had a blast with the balloon that the waiter brought her.

On Sunday, Jim worked early, so Brooke and I went to the grocery store. When Jim got home, we made burgers, fresh green beans, and we ate them with fresh peaches, baked beans, potato chips, and a cake that I made. It was so good! The weather was still yucky, so we watched fireworks from our couch - we could see some from our balcony, and we watched all the fireworks on TV. I was sad that we didn't go because Brooke LOVED them. She clapped, said "yayyy!," the NYC fireworks even got an "ooohhhh" and an "ahhhhh" from her. But, she fell asleep early, and Jim had to work early on Monday, so it's just as well we didn't go out in all the crowds.

Monday, Brooke and I were off, and we shopped a little bit and just relaxed at home. I think she's starting to get her top teeth now, so we didn't do much - she's been so clingy the past couple of days!

Today's the start of another week, and I'm already looking forward to when it is over and I can enjoy another weekend. Can't wait for it to be time for our trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment