Thursday, July 22, 2010

Update

Brooke's one-year appointment was supposed to be this afternoon, but her pediatrician had an out-of-town emergency and rescheduled for Monday. I'm a little disappointed, because I can't wait to see Brooke's stats, but it will be nice to have extra pay before vacation!

I am getting beyond excited - only one more week, and it will be time to leave! This weekend, I plan to play fashion show with Brooke and figure out what clothes to pack her - she's at this in-between stage where a lot of 12 month still fits her, but in some outfits, she needs 18 months. It drives me a little crazy - I knew what I wanted to pack, but now I need to make sure it fits her. And she outgrew roughly half of her pj's - right before our trip. Have you ever tried playing fashion show with a one year old? I'm lucky I can get her to sit still to get dressed once a day, let along trying on multiple outfits....

We've had a great week so far. Sunday, we started it out by going to Gaby and Olivia's birthday party. Their theme was Snow White, and they had their party at Busy Bee Kidz...it was this really cool play area for little kids. Brooke was a little clingy at first - I think she was overwhelmed by the amount of kids (most of them 3 years old) running around. Then, she found the rocking horse - once I showed her how to rock that pony, that was it. Then she started crawling and playing. She ate pizza, cotton candy, jello, and cake - I have never given her that much sugar at one time, and she LOVED it. She had never had pizza either, but couldn't get enough and ate almost a whole slice by herself! She got her face painted and brought a balloon home. They gave out Disney princess swim floaties as the favor - thank you, Gaby & Olivia. We had so much fun!

Tuesday was Brooke's actual birthday. I was working, so I dropped her off at daycare in her "baby's 1st birthday" onesie and a headband with a large pink rose - they got out the camera and started snapping pictures! She was so happy all day. After school, we picked up Daddy and went to IHOP for her birthday dinner. She loves breakfast, so we wanted to take her for eggs and pancakes. She ate about 1/2 of the child's meal we ordered her (!) and then the waitresses brought out a scoop of vanilla ice cream covered in whipped cream with a candle. They sang happy birthday, and we helped her "blow" out the candle, and she enjoyed her treat. When we got home, it was present time - she got clothes from Aunt Kelly, toys and a book from Aunt Heather and her family, and several toys and clothes from Mommy and Daddy. She did NOT want to go to bed that night!

This weekend, we have another birthday party to go to, and we'll start getting ready for her big birthday trip! I need to get my bridesmaid dress packed and get out all the clothes we're going to pack, and we have some bills to pay. And we need to clean so that we can come to a clean house at the end of vacation. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment