Friday, September 10, 2010

TGIF

I am so glad it's Friday. Despite having Monday off and leaving early yesterday, this week just seemed to drag!

Brooke had her follow-up yesterday, and it was a good report! Her ear infections are both cleared up, although she still has some fluid in her left ear. As long as she doesn't get a cold or anything, the fluid should be absorbed back into the body. *Knock on wood!*

The pedi was kind enough to check my ears out, too. I also have some fluid in my left ear, but the ear drums are healing nicely. She was even able to get me hearing again, at least out of my right ear.

Brooke is becoming so independent, it's crazy. She wants to feed herself. All. The. Time. This is great, EXCEPT I try so hard to keep her clothes clean. She insists on using the spoon to feed herself baby food, too. This was fine the first time, since she was just in her diaper - last night, though, she was dressed in a nice blue and green top and eating purple food (Bananas, Plums, and Grapes for you mommas). Luckily, she didn't get as messy last night.....I know I need to stop being such a control freak and let her get a little messy while she's learning to feed herself, but I have issues with that. I like to control Everything. All. The. Time.

Jim and I started dieting about 3.5 weeks ago. He's doing weight watchers, and I started tracking my food on myfitnesspal.com. It looks like my thyroid is finally evened out, and I have lost almost 8 lbs already!

1 comment:

  1. Hey,

    I just caught up on your blog posts. Tell Jim that I wish him a belated happy birthday. I'm glad that you and Brooke are feeling better, and I'm glad to hear that Jacqui was released from the hospital. I hope she's continuing to do well.

    It's so exciting to hear about Brooke's walking adventures and her quest for independence. I understand about being a control freak, and though I'm not a mommy, I have a suggestion. When you can, let Brooke eat in just her diaper. Then you won't have to be stressed about the clothes getting messy. You can focus on how well she's learning. :) That should cut down on the amount of laundry you'd have to do, too!

    Much love,

    Becky

    ReplyDelete