Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Never-ending....

I am so anxious for Brooke and I both to be feeling better and for everything to get back to normal.

Yesterday, I went to the dr after what happened with my ears - turns out, the infection perforated BOTH of my eardrums. I feel now like I'm constantly underwater and everything is muffled - this should get better as the fluid continues to drain and the membrane on my eardrum heals itself. I'm on an antibiotic. The biggest problem for me is that my eardrums are so scarred from having tubes and ruptured eardrums when I was a child that the last thing they needed was MORE scarring. I'm worried what this will do to my hearing, since I already have such difficulty hearing deep sounds (like a bass drum, bass guitar, a low man's voice, etc.).

Then, Brooke went back to the pediatrician. The pediatrician (who shares space with our normal pedi, who was off yesterday) agreed that it sounded like the Omnicef was making Brooke miserable and depending on how her ears were doing, she would give her something else. Turns out, Brooke's ears were "blood red" in color and the infection was still terrible - on top of everything, the Omnicef wasn't even clearing up the infection! Now, what may have seemed like side effects may have been the continuing pain from the infection, but I think that the antibiotic played at least a small role as well. Brooke's now on Augmenten (we had grape flavoring added), and she has some ear drops to numb her ears if she needs them. Last night, she wasn't acting like her head or anything hurt her, and she was able to sleep through the night.

Unfortunately, Jim's plans for a fun weekend (he's off from today until Monday!) will be changed to staying at home, playing and relaxing so Momma and baby can recuperate!

Please keep my best friend Becky's family in your prayers. Her step-daughter suffers from severe epilepsy, and they are going through a lot right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment