Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Weight loss

I started trying to lose weight a while ago. On Saturday evening, I started the 30 day shred. My legs were killing me (seriously, I couldn't even carry Brooke up and down the stairs!), so I took Monday and last night off.

I'm "re-starting" tonight and I am going to do it every night for 30 nights. Seriously. Despite the fact I'm getting sick again. I'm going to use this blog to help me focus and blog about my progress every couple of days.

So, Day 1: So far, I've already had 6 servings of water (yay! This is always a big obstacle for me - I hate water. I did great when pregnant and breastfeeding but seriously fell off the wagon since January!). Eating has been going OK - Not many snacks, and I think I'll be within my allotted calories (1350) for the day. I'm actually excited to work out!

Brooke has had a cold since last Monday, so she's getting checked tomorrow. Yesterday, Jim went to the dr., and he has pink eye, bronchitis, and a sinus infection. My chest is getting tight and I have a stuffy nose - oh the joys of having a baby in daycare and a husband that works at a pharmacy! I've been told the first 2 years of school are the worst for kids - we're 1/2 way there, and really, I don't think Brooke has been sick that much.

2 comments:

  1. Aww! I'm sorry Brooke got sick again! I hope she feels better soon!
    And good luck with the weight loss plans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! She's really not acting like she feels bad at all, but she is getting some congestion/wheezing so better to get her checked out. She's still eating, sleeping, and playing normally, so we'll see what they say.

    And, thank you! I'm pretty determined this time to stick with it.

    ReplyDelete