Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Jim is working today, so we did our Thanksgiving dinner yesterday.  It was delicious.  And I'm thoroughly enjoying my relaxing day since all the work is already done and we'll just have leftovers for dinner ;-)

What I really need to do is finish taking apart the swing and the pack n play so that I can put up our Christmas tree.  I'm just having a hard time doing it.  It may be silly, now that there's a potty chair in the middle of my living room where Brooke likes to sit and read books, but I'm having such a hard time taking these last two little bits of her infanthood down.  We're donating the swing to daycare, and we'll put the pack n play away for baby #2 when the time comes.  But Brooke is growing SO FAST.

Remember how I was on the fence about potty training?  Brooke has made the decision for me.  Yesterday, she stripped off her diaper 5 times in a row, squatted in the middle of the kitchen floor, and peed.  That's it - time to introduce the potty.  We're taking it slow, just introducing it right now.  Today, she's been telling me right after she pees so she can sit on the potty.  I'm hoping I'll catch her before she pees when she gets up from her nap and then we can get one pee in the potty.  I'm not pushing her yet, but I definitely want to take full advantage of her interest! 

I'm excited to put up our tree.  We use an artifical, pre-lit tree.  I've never had a real tree.  Asthma + real trees = attacks.  Jim and I both have asthma, so no real tree.  I'm fine with that - I can just decorate it and leave it, don't have to worry about water or anything.  And you can get really nice artificial trees - once of which we have ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment