Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Santa pillows, ear infections, and holiday cheer!

This week has been so busy - but still so relaxing!  I've been trying to do a really good cleaning in my house and start getting decorated for Christmas.  The decorating is going slow, but I have finished my first Santa pillow (I'm going to make 1 more, and also a white pillow with candy cane trim).  It didn't turn out too bad, for my first sewing project in over 5.5 years! (Pictures are on my facebook, since I uploaded with my phone.)  I love having my sewing machine back!

Yesterday, Brooke had her follow up for her ears and got the second half of her flu shot.  Her left ear is still infected.  Poor thing :(  She's on another antibiotic - Primsol this time.

Jim has to work on Thursday, so we're making our Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow (Wednesday) when he's off.  Thursday, we'll be able to relax, decorate, and eat leftovers while everyone else is stressing about their meal!  We can also make a plan for Friday.....it is our tradition to go Black Friday shopping early in the morning.  This year, we won't be going early - we would never wake Brooke up at 2 am to go shopping! - but I think we'll head out right after breakfast and stop a couple of places to see what we can pick up off our list.

No comments:

Post a Comment