Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Eating.....

Brooke's eating really has me frustrated!

For a while, it was really hard to feed her at breakfast - almost like she didn't want to eat as soon as she got up, so she would hardly eat anything. That went away during/after vacation, and I've found that she LOVES breakfast foods - pancakes, eggs, fruit, yogurt, toast/bagels, donuts/pastries....

Now, the difficulty is veggies, which she's always loved! It used to be the only thing she wouldn't eat was meat - now she's spitting out her veggies no matter what form they're in. She will eat all fruits (except fresh blueberries), cheese, pasta, rice, etc., etc., but I cannot, for the life of me, get her to swallow those veggies! She'll chew them for a second and then spit them out, use her fantastic pincer grasp to pick them up, and hand them to me.

So, Mamas out there, do you have any advice for me? I know to keep trying them (and I'm hoping eventually she'll start to love them again!) In the meantime, I'll also stick with the baby food purees and mix them into my meals (for example, beef stew) whenever I can. This is so, so, so important to me - my #1 goal is to teach Brooke to eat healthy (all things in moderation, which I tend to have trouble with when it comes to yummy, sweet, chocolate-y things). (OK - maybe not #1 - but it's one of my top goals to be a good Mama!) I do NOT want her to be in her mid-20s and have high cholesterol (like me) - (I know part of it is hereditary, and we have an incredibly strong family history of this, high blood pressure, and heart disease in mine and Jim's families).

No comments:

Post a Comment