Thursday, August 12, 2010

I just wanted to add...

a prayer request.

I've posted on here before about one of my best friends, my sorority sister, and Brooke's godmother, Jacqui, and her battle with leukemia. Most recently, we had the chance to visit her at the hospital on July 30 as she was beginning preparation for her bone marrow transplant. Her transplant on August 5 went well, and she was infused with 8 million cells from a donor in just 31 minutes! There are additional cells frozen in case Jacqui should need them.

Now, Jacqui is dealing with exhaustion that comes with her blood count plummeting to zero (no immune system), vomiting, mouth sores from medicine, a fever, and I'm sure other side effects that I'm unaware of.

Jacqui is a very sweet, amazing person, and we all know she'll come through this with flying colors. But, please, PLEASE say some extra prayers for her, her husband, her amazingly supportive parents, and the woman who was kind enough to donate her bone marrow to save our Jacqui!

If you want to read Jacqui's story from the beginning and see the current happenings, just go to www.caringbridge.org/visit/jacquibuckley.

No comments:

Post a Comment