Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Update

I haven't blogged for almost a week, because, really, every day is the same old, same old....

Last week, Brooke had a really runny nose that I attributed to teething since she's been literally grabbing her mouth. Saturday, I started getting a cold that has now moved into my chest and is making me really miserable. It's hard to breathe, but I'm not really coughing much so no relief there.

Things on the eating front have not gotten any better. Brooke won't eat meat, which doesn't worry me because it didn't worry Dr. Castro - she said many kids don't eat meat at this age (now that I think of it, I know my niece didn't and she's healthy as can be at 4 years old!). While she used to eat regular veggies and spit out baby food veggies, she now refuses anything but the baby food veggies. She'll eat some regular veggies if they're mixed in soup, but not very many - I don't think she even eats a tablespoon that way, either! I offer her table food at every meal and then give her baby food at the end if she's still hungry - she's definitely getting over 5 servings of fruits & veggies a day, so it will work out. I'm trying to be patient, but I am so excited to not have to buy baby food anymore!

One thing I've found that Brooke loves is roast beef from Subway! Go figure.

2 comments:

  1. hmmm have you tried cooking lean ground beef in a pot instead of frying it? its kind of a stewed version of it and it comes out soooo soft andrea loves that but isn't really a big fan of chicken... i also give her tilipia which is a big win for her!! hope this helps xoxoxo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestions! I've even tried beef or chicken mixed with mac n cheese or spaghetti, both of which she loves, and she just spits the meat out after sucking off the sauce. I haven't tried fish yet because my husband doesn't really like it, but I will have to try soon!

    We need to get the girls together soon!

    ReplyDelete