Monday, August 9, 2010

Vacation is over...part 1

We had such a blast on our trip! It flew by, and I wish we were still there!

I'll update over the course of a few days, because we packed SO much into our week. And later this week, I'll post some pictures, too.

On Friday, July 30, we landed in Pittsburgh right on time about 2:15 pm. We met my dad and headed to UPMC Shadyside to visit with my friend and "big sister" in my sorority, Jacqui, who was in the hospital in preparation for her bone marrow transplant. Brooke got kicked off the floor since she had recently had shots, and I visited with Jacqui for about half an hour...then the nurse said since Jacqui's levels in her blood were still good, she could put on a mask and come see Brooke as long as she kept a safe distance from her. I know that made Jacqui so happy, and Jacqui's mom seemed so glad to be able to hold Brooke! When we left, we stopped at Hoss's and made the drive to my mom and dad's house.

Friday night was rough - Brooke was up every 2 hours. I don't need to say anything else about that....

Saturday, I started preparations for the party. Then, Jim and I went to dinner (by ourselves!!!) at Ponderoda and met up with my "pledge mom" Reneya and her husband Dave to watch the Clarks. Oh my god, it was so much fun. The concert was great - if you have a chance, check out their music. Brooke stayed home with my parents, my in-laws, and my sister. She was still awake when we got home, but she crashed as soon as I started rocking her and slept a little better - she only woke up twice!

Sunday was party day - and I think deserves its own post tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment