Monday, August 16, 2010

Just a quick update....

Nothing too exciting to report here.

Everytime it seems like we have a little extra money to save for our eventual move, something happens. This time, it was a flat tire on my car (that we were lucky didn't blow out while I was driving), which required us to replace both front tires and get my car aligned. Oh, and that weird thing that my car does where my a/c doesn't come on all the time? It's the blower motor - which I will need to replace soon so that my sweet little girl doesn't melt in this heat when it finally decides to stop working for good. Plus, it was Florida Bar dues time and daycare. I wish I could just stay home and save that money, and travel money I spend to and from work, but we're just not in a position for that to happen right now.

Life is still good, though. Brooke is growing so fast! She loves to walk around the living room pushing her toys, and she loves to feed her new baby doll a bottle! She's starting to talk a little more now - but still not trying to repeat everything. That will come with time, I suppose. For now, she says baabaa (bottle), hi, boo (book), wha (what happened? She puts her hands up in the air with this one), Mama, Dada.....ba (ball)....so cute! She started smelling her food now, too - she purses her lips like a kiss and sticks her nose in her food. Too funny! She gives kisses - she does the lips and that's how she blows kisses.

Jim and I moved to the sports room so Brooke now has her own room - and she sleeps better than ever! I miss our big, comfy bed, but I'll adjust.

When we were in PA, on 8/6/10, we went to my Gram's house after the rehearsal dinner. Brooke stood up in the middle of the floor by herself! She tried to take a couple of steps on her own and fell forward - now she's only done it once or twice since then.

One thing that is frustrating me lately is that while she used to love veggies, it gets harder and harder to feed them to her each day! It doesn't really matter if they're whole or pureed, she doesn't like them. Guess I'll have to get her some asparagus and then try to convince her to eat others. She LOVES spaghetti, mac and cheese, and all thing carbohydrates, LOL.

Today, Jim and I are starting weight watchers again - wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. I like all things carbohydrates, too! lol :) A girl after my own heart!

    ReplyDelete