Thursday, February 17, 2011

19 months!

I decided to post this a few days early because I know I have a busy day at work tomorrow and we have a jam-packed weekend planned!

On Sunday (2/20), Brooke will be 19 months old.  Time is just flying light-speed ahead...I feel like if I blink, I will miss it, and my beautiful baby will be a teenager.  It has been amazing to watch her grow, and I am so proud of her.

At 19 months, she:

-"Counts" - and I put that in quotes because she thinks counting goes 1,2,5,6,7,8,9,10.

- Knows her ABC's - she doesn't sing from start to finish, but you can stop at any time and she'll fill in the letter.

- Her favorite songs are still If You're Happy and You Know It, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Wheels on the Bus, and the I Love You song.  Her favorite songs on the radio are the ones that go "If I said I want your body now, would you hold it against me?" and "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but chains and whips excite me." (Um, is this bad?  I don't even know the song names, and my daughter loves songs about sex.  LOL - it's what is on our top 100 station on the way home from school---and these ALWAYS make her dance)  She also loves Lady Gaga and New Kids on the Block! (What can I say?  She is my daughter!  She always dances more to Donnie's voice too, LOL).

- Talks a TON.  I'm planning on making a list of all the words she says on her own to just keep track of it - and she will try to repeat anything I ask her to (as long as she's not around "strangers")

- Loves toys you ride on - bikes, swings, rocking horses.....

- Loves her doll babies and stuffed animals - she hugs them, kisses them, wipes their faces, and changes their diapers.  She LOVES the baby she has that goes in the bathtub with her!

- Wipes her own nose, mouth, hands, and brushes her own hair and teeth.

- Tries to dress herself whenever I let her.

- Knows red, blue, and yellow. 

- Drinks everything from sippy cups and eats all solids. (She especially loves mac 'n cheese and peanut butter sandwiches).

- Loves to draw/fingerpaint.  (I am so excited to take her to paint pottery!)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! She's growing up so fast, and she's SO smart!! :)

    AJ's birthday is Sunday! He'll be 9....can you believe it? 9??!!??

    It totally cracks me up that Brooke's favorite songs are about sex. She really is your daughter...... ;) LOL Kudos to Brooke for liking NKOTB, and by the way, do you have her watching "Blue Bloods" on CBS (P.S. Are YOU watching "Blue Bloods" on CBS???) Your favorite NKOTB guy is on it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Blue Bloods. Jim secretly likes it but won't admit it since my "crush" is on there...I <3 him (and Jim, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha That's funny! :)

    ReplyDelete