Saturday, February 26, 2011

New Recipes and Planning

I've lost count of what week I'm on for my recipes for my Bucket List - but here are a couple:

So Simple Supper!

I've been promising this for a while now, and I finally made it a couple of weeks ago.  It was so good, in fact, that it's cooking away right now.

Ingredients:

1 Roast (3 to 4 lbs)
1 envelope au jus gravy mix
1 envelope mushroom gravy mix
1 envelope onion soup mix
3 cups water
Assorted vegetables

Directions:

Place roast in slow cooker.  Combine soup, gravy mixes, and water.  Pour over roast.  Cover, cook on LOW 4 hours.

Add vegetables.  Cook 4 hours more or until meat & veggies tender.

Verdict: A definite keeper!  I simply use potatoes & carrots.  I accidentally left the onion soup out the first time I made it, so I am making it that way again today.  Love it!


Slow cooker lasagna: This was a big FAIL.  My mom made it before, but mine was burned and completely inedible.  I think it's because it cooked from 7 am - slowcooker turned off 8 hours later, then it was on "warm" until I got home at 6 pm.  I'll be giving this recipe another shot, eventually - on the weekend, when it won't cook so long!


Curry Chicken

This is my own invention!  I just sprinkled chicken cutlets with curry powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and salt & pepper & cooked over medium heat in a skillet coated with extra virgin olive oil.

Verdict: Jim and I loved this!  We have this Chinese restaurant we must go to when we go home to visit about 1.5 hours from my mom's.....they have awesome curry chicken that's really spicy.  This was my take on the flavors....it worked pretty well, although it didn't taste anything like the restaurant's, really!  But the flavors were good together, and you can control how spicy/curry-ish the dish is, ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment