Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

Today's a day all about hearts and love.

It's also the last day of CHD Awareness Week.  I missed several days to being generally busy and suffering from a migraine yesterday and today - plus, I think if I had done more posts like I wanted, maybe it would have been overkill.  Clearly, you've seen enough facts to see the importance of CHD Awareness.  And I told you a few ways to help - but go here to see more (written by mom to Chase, a beautiful boy who also has HLHS).

So, for the end of CHD Awareness week, I want to direct you to some stories that have touched MY heart that I haven't yet shared:

Meet Annabelle, a 6-month old who has several heart defects.  She has never been able to go home, and she's currently in the ICU waiting for her new heart. They're also waiting on a second opinion for a possible treatment in Boston. Please pray for her and that God will show her family the path to her optimal health.

Also, meet Bodie.  I have just fallen in love with this little boy, who turns 1 next week.  He had a rough beginning, spending 4.5 out of his first 5 months of life in the hospital, but is now doing so, so well.  His mom has also written a beautiful post about why CHD awareness is so important to these families.

Finally, remember I shared the link to Logan's story?  His mom has continued featuring other stories on her blog, and she is also touching on the OTHER effects of a child being born with CHD - financial issues, relationship issues, etc., for the families of these kids.

Did anyone see Grey's Anatomy Thursday?  They (briefly) mentioned caring for a hypoplastic heart baby - that's what many of these kids have, HLHS or HRHS.  On the show, they delivered the baby early because they had a transplant heart for it - I don't think that would happen in real life, but I do wish that the show would have spend more time on the HLHS since it was CHD Awareness week.

No comments:

Post a Comment