Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day

As always, Jim and I had a great Valentine's Day.  He always makes the day special.

We started our celebration on Saturday, when we went to dinner at Tony Roma's.  Brooke was an angel and enjoyed her food!  Then we bought her her "gift" of new shoes.

Yesterday, I came home to find beautiful red roses on the table and Blue Bell ice cream in the freezer.  (Several weeks ago, I bought myself Blue Bell ice cream - and Jim ate it all except for one tiny scoop that I shared with Brooke.  I was upset about it, so he replaced it for Valentine's Day).

I told Jim to pick a dinner, so he picked my spicy chicken and mashed potatos - it's too long for after work, so I'll make it this weekend.  He is also taking me to paint pottery with Brooke's handprint (a bucket list item!) on Saturday.

We've had some awesome V-day's over the years - a look back:
2002 - Bruno's and Holiday Inn.
2003 - Calvin House :-)
2004 - I can't believe I can't remember the name of the restaurant - it's a really nice Italian place in Altoona that used to (or still does?) the food at Scotch Valley, where we had our wedding reception.
2005 - Johnstown Brewing Company
2006 - ?
2007 - ?
2008 - This year, we were supposed to go to a really nice dinner at the Hard Rock and stay up there.  But, they had a gas leak - we ended up at IHOP at 10 pm due to all the traffic!
2009 - I was pregnant and had the flu :(
2010 - Nice meal at home with our baby girl :-)

Valentine's weekend started off with Brooke and I attending a Valentine's party at Busy Bee Kidz with our friends Adriana and Gaby.  We had a great time!  Brooke kept asking for party! Bab-by! the whole way home.  She even got to meet Elmo!  Pictures are on my facebook - I'm planning on taking her to another indoor playground this weekend since she enjoyed it so much on Friday.

Please keep one of my best friends Jacqui in your thoughts today - she is having a bone marrow biopsy today since it has been 6 months since her transplant.  Also, today would have been the due date (last year) of her baby - unfortunately, she had to terminate the pregnancy due to her leukemia diagnosis.  It's a hard day for her, her husband, and they're family, and I know they would appreciate your thoughts and prayers.  We love you, Aunt Jacqui!!

No comments:

Post a Comment