Tuesday, February 22, 2011

No words

This weekend was one of the best I can remember having in a long, long time.  There really are no words for how I feel after this weekend - just so refreshed and hopeful about the future.

Friday after work, we went to Dave & Buster's for dinner and then played in the arcade.  Brooke had a blast playing the games - she even hit the jackpot on Skeeball! 

Saturday morning, we had a quick visit to the pedi to follow up on her ears.  She has a little cold now, so I was afraid it was another ear infection - but it wasn't!  She's on nebulizer treatments again (I had started them last Thursday) to try to help keep things moving - she still has a cough and stuffy nose, so I'm going to increase the frequency of those and try to avoid taking her back.  We did find out that there is a study we're going to try to get Brooke in - it's a "dietary supplement" called Xylitol that is supposed to help prevent/lessen ear infections.  She was previously taking this (Xylarex) but the liquid form was discontinued.  When she's admitted to the study, it will last 3 months and they'll provide us the meds - if it works for her, we will then have to have the pharmacy compound the capsules into a liquid dose for her.  I feel good about it, because the next step is tubes in her ears - I really want to avoid that, so I feel like giving us this study is God's way of taking care of us and helping us avoid tubes.

After the appointment, we went to Friday's for lunch and painted pottery at Color Me Mine.  Brooke LOVED it.  I'm thinking of just having her birthday party at my house this year and doing the pottery "to go" - they come to the party location for 2 hours and at the end, they take the pottery back to their studio to fire and glaze it.  I did a plate and Brooke did a trinket box - too cute!

Sunday, we went to get Brooke's 18 month pictures and had lunch at Johnny Rockets.  She LOVED our waiter and even wore the hat the he gave her the entire time we were there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment