Tuesday, January 25, 2011

18 month update

Brooke is 18 months!  It's hard to believe that in 6 months, we will be celebrating her 2nd birthday.  I'm not sure yet what we're doing as far as a party - just something small for our family that can get here and some friends - won't be too big because I don't know many people with kids here in Miami, and I don't intend on inviting her whole daycare class (only a few that she really seems to get along with).

Anyway, I digress.

She is an amazing little girl.  She LOVES to talk, and she is doing great with names especially - now she can say Mommy, Dada (or Daddy), Grandma, Pappy, Nana, Poppop, Emma, Lilly (Wilwy), Riley (Ri-wey), Averi, Jenna, Thad (Daaaaaaad), Heather (Head-ah), and Ron (Rooon).  She tries to say Kelly, Kevin, Leslie, Ethan, Megan, Negesti, Amanda, and Arianna.  She knows her Sesame Street characters and says their names, and points to Disney characters.  She still loves her books and Barney video.  She loves her Disney Princess sofa.

She is definitely a runner, not a walker, and she's starting to climb on everything now.  Nothing is safe anymore.  As far as eating, she is still picky about veggies but is doing much better.  Sometimes she gets school lunches now, and she seems to really love them!  She's still sleeping through the night and taking one 2-hour nap per day, right after lunch.

I won't know her "official" stats until Friday - at the ER the other day, she weighed a little over 25 lbs, but she was dressed and had a diaper on (at the dr office, she was 26 lbs), so somewhere in that range.  I know she's tall because she doesn't fit under our dining table anymore. 

I always knew it would be amazing to be a mother - but I don't think I ever imagined the amount of love I could feel in my heart - in my very soul - for one person.  It's truly an amazing feeling.

18 months ago, we were only home from the hospital for a few days at this point, still trying to adjust with (thankfully) my parents there to help.  We've come a long way, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment