Sunday, January 9, 2011

Bucket List #5 - New Recipe, Week 1

Yesterday, I made my first new recipe of the year - Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan

Ingredients:

1 egg
1 Cup dried bread crumbs (I seasoned mine with a little garlic powder, salt, pepper, and parsley)
6 chicken breast halves, skin removed (I used boneless skinless chicken breasts)
1 jar (10.5 oz) pizza sauce (I used my normal Delgrosso's spaghetti sauce - I used half the jar which is about 12 oz)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
6 slices mozzarella cheese (i used shredded mozzarella)

Beat egg in shallow bowl & place bread crumbs in another shallow bowl.  Dip chicken in eggs then coat in bread crumbs.  Saute in skilled coated with cooking spray (I used olive oil instead).  Arrange chicken in slow cooker & top with sauce (you might have to layer to get it to fit - I did).  Cover & cook on low 6-8 hours, or until chicken is tender but not dry. 

Sprinkle with cheeses and cook another 15 minutes.

I served mine with pasta and salad.  It was delicious!  We have leftover  chicken, which I'm going to use for chicken parm sandwiches on Monday.

This is definitely going in my "Favorite Recipes" cookbook that I got for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment