Monday, January 10, 2011

A whole lotta nothin'

Today is Brooke's first day in a new "class" at daycare.  They call this class the "Twaddler" room, and the kids are all 18 months - 2 years old.  Brooke is now the youngest in her class again.  She really likes the teachers - Amanda and Negesti - so I think it will be a good move :-)

Last night Brooke woke up at 11 pm and didn't go back to sleep until 2 am.  She would start to fall asleep and then wake up screaming, like something was scaring her.  I have no idea what it was.  Jim had to stay late at work, so I was on my own.  It was rough.  I would get her calmed down, lay her back down (she goes to sleep better laying in her bed than if I try to hold her) - and she would doze off for about 20 minutes.  Just as I was almost asleep and she was about to go into a deep sleep, it would start all over again.  She's been drooling and chewing on her fingers and I felt some bumps in her mouth - I thought "teeth," and gave in and gave her Tylenol at midnight.  No go.  I could tell she peed, so I changed her diaper and gave her some milk - still didn't work.  Finally, I just let her scream bloody murder and call for me (Momma, Momma, Mommyyy, momma) in her sad crying voice - while I sat in my bedroom and cried myself.  It took 25 minutes and she was out like a light. 

I'm pretty sure Brooke's going through a growth spurt now - she's eating a ton, all day, every day.  WAY more than normal - maybe that explains the crappy sleeping?  I'm open to suggestions!

We spent the weekend doing nothing at home.  I finally got all my Christmas decorations down. I enjoyed it - I drive so much during the week that I love having "downtime" with Brooke and Jim on the weekends.  Jim starts overnights Wednesday, so he'll be working/sleeping this weekend, but the weekend after will be a 4-day weekend for him and I'm looking forward to finding something fun to do that weekend!  I would love to do a little roadtrip - any suggestions for a road trip in Florida that's relatively inexpensive and involves kid-friendly activities?

Today is officially the start of my diet.  I got on the scale this morning - so disappointing.  I'll update every week using this format:
Wt loss this wk:
Total wt loss:
Notes/observations:

Never will you know my true weight ;-)

Also, my face and SCALP are broken out.  Worse than a hormone-driven teenager.  I have no idea why - it's been so long since my skin was this bad.  I have combination skin - more on the dry side.  Any suggestions what to use to clear it up?  I'm trying to avoid salicylic acid products........

No comments:

Post a Comment