Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Update

I made another new recipe on Sunday - Deceptively Delicious Macaroni and Cheese (hiding butternut squash).  It was good, but I have a couple changes to make - I'll post the recipe when I'm home for that.  I'm also making one this week called "So Simple Supper."

Two other items from my bucket list will be checked off on May 27, 2011!  We are taking our first family vacation....to Disney!  Jim's sister and her family will be at Disney at the same time, so we'll be spending some time with them and a lot of time on our own!  We found great hotel rates and are so excited about going.  When we ask Brooke if she wants to go see Mickey, she brings us her favorite Disney book, Farmer Mickey....it is too cute!

I've been worried lately that I might have missed my "window" for potty training.  Sigh.  Brooke was so interested in it, and she peed several times around Thanksgiving - then, when I went back to work, I didn't want to push too much and it ended up that she rarely got put on the potty (the daycare won't start working with them until they're 2, unless the child starts asking for the potty before then) and now she's more interested in using it as a stepstool.  I had intentions of starting over Christmas break, but just never did.  I think we'll start introducing it again this weekend and see if she shows any interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment