Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bucket List: New Recipe, Week 2 (and 100 posts!)

How fitting that my 100th post would be another new recipe!

Tonight was Jim's pick:

TACO CHILI

Ingredients:
1 lb lean ground beef
2 cans (15 oz each) seasoned chunky tomato sauce (I used crushed tomatoes - would definitely do diced next time)
1 can (15 oz) chili beans with chili gravy
1 can (15 oz) whole kernel corn, undrained
1 envelope taco seasoning.

Brown beef & drain fat. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker. Cook on low 4-6 hours.

I topped mine with shredded Mexican cheese.

I'll be making this again because Jim loved it.  I prefer regular chili, as this doesn't seem to have a lot of spice to it, but I really did like the corn in the chili.  That being said, we're both having leftovers tomorrow for lunch. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment