Monday, January 3, 2011

2011

It is hard to believe it is 2011.  I think 2010 was the fastest year of my life.

We celebrated the new year quietly, as a family of two.  Brooke went to bed around 10, so it was just Jim and I for midnight.  We had some snacks, played some Wii, and celebrated at midnight with some champagne.  Exciting, right?  Maybe not, but it was a good night, nonetheless.  We would have liked to go out somewhere, at least for dinner, but Jim had to be up for work at 6 am on New Years Day - oh the joys of retail management.

I've read almost all the books Jim got me for Christmas.  I love it.  So far, I've read the new Nicholas Sparks (great as usual - and the main character is from Altoona, PA!), and James Patterson Women's Murder Club series # 4, 5, and 6.  (I had read 1-3 a few years ago when my mom got them for me).  I'm working on #7 now and will read #8 next.  I'm only missing #9, but I always wait until they're in paperback to get them and that one is still hardback only.   I know they're works of fiction, but they remind me how much I want to work in criminal law - someday.

Brooke's eating is starting to really frustrate me again!  She's still refusing veggies unless they're mixed in spaghetti sauce or pureed and hidden (again, I'll plead for recipes, haha).  She won't eat meat except lunchmeat and McDonald's chicken nuggets, but I'm not so concerned about that.  But now, she's starting to ONLY want applesauce or pears for fruit. I know she's not as picky as some kids, but it's frustrated because she's obviously going through a growth spurt right now - yesterday, I swear she ate non-stop from when she got up until bedtime.  Every two hours, at least, asking for snacks or fruit.  It was crazy.  What is really crazy is she uses all those calories for getting taller but not heavier.  Right now, most of her 24 month clothes are just about the perfect length but too big around her. 

Last night, I asked Brooke if she was ready to go back to school, and she ran around yelling "Emma! Wilwy!" (Lilly).  She got mad when I told her she had to wait until morning to see them, haha.

She is talking so much it is crazy.  And she's doing great with names!  She can now say Grandma, Pappy, Nana (this doubles for banana haha), Poppop, Mommy, Dada, Head-ah (aunt heather), Ronnie (Uncle Ron), Mae Mae (Madison, my sister's dog), Daaaaaa (Thad), Jed-da (Jenna), Leslie, Duff (Dave, my sister's boyfriend), Nonna, Poppa, Emma, Abby (meaning Abby Cadabby, but she also says this when trying to say Gaby!), and Wilwy (Lilly).  She tries to say Kelly, Kevin, Ethan, and Megan, but they're still a little tough for her.  She pretends to read her books now, which is the cutest thing ever!  I still can't believe how fast they learn. 

1 comment:

  1. I read the new Nicholas Sparks book, too! My mom had borrowed it from a lady she works with who said I could read it, too. I thought it was so cool that the main character was from Altoona! I was reading along, and then I was like, "Scott! The character in my book is from Altoona!" He wasn't as thrilled as I was, but whatever! lol

    If it makes you feel any better, I wasn't even awake at midnight this New Year's Eve. Scott was working the day shift, and he was asleep at 10. I fell asleep around 11:30. He was like, "Why are you home? You should be out." I could've cared less to be honest! lol I preferred being at home in bed watching TV. Is that a sign of getting old??

    ReplyDelete